Heavy equipment financing is important for businesses dealing with giant equipment types. The bigger industries like construction, mining, and freight services need large machinery for their operation. Investing in heavy tools requires a lot of money.
It isn’t easy to spend thousands of dollars on the tools if you are a small business. That’s why the term financing for heavy equipment has become popular today. The reason is the easy financial assistance when purchasing expensive machinery and tools. In this informative post, we will explain this term in simple words.
What Is Heavy Equipment Financing?
In simple words, heavy equipment financing is a loan for big machinery or equipment. The term is popular among small businesses that take this financial support for purchasing heavy equipment. The business owners borrow these types of loans from the financing organizations.
There is a specific criterion that every business needs to follow to take this loan. Once the business owners repay the whole amount of the loan, they own the equipment. The working of this financing is somewhat similar to ordinary loans. Equipment financing is gaining importance in the construction, mining, renovation, and shipping industries.
Is Leasing And Financing Heavy Equipment The Same?
Heavy equipment financing and leasing look similar terms. The major difference between these terms is the payment period.
Heavy Equipment Leasing
In equipment leasing, the person takes the heavy machinery for a particular period. The ownership of the equipment isn’t transferred to the lessee. However, the borrower needs to pay the rent for a specific period. The lease amount is commonly paid every month. The whole process of equipment leasing has been specified based on the agreement. Both the parties need to sign to agree on the lease agreement.
Heavy Equipment Financing
In heavy equipment financing, the borrower applies for a loan. The amount of the loan is equal to the cost of equipment. After the purchase, a person needs to repay an installment every month. Once the loan amount is repaid, the borrower owns the heavy equipment. The term is feasible for the long term and brings advantages in future ownership.
Benefits Of Heavy Equipment Financing For Small Business
There is no doubt that heavy equipment financing supports small business owners. The demand for equipment financing grows due to its feasible advantages. It’s important to understand the benefits before applying for the financing.
Save The Cash
As a business owner, it isn’t easy to save cash for buying large equipment. The business expenses exceed the income many times. Heavy equipment financing gives you an option of cash coverage. It is easy to pay the whole loan amount through monthly installments. This financing gives an easy solution to save the cash for other expenses.
Heavy equipment financing brings the flexible process of loan approval. The process takes the least time as compared to the other financial loans. The organizations have given the other assistance in installment, security, and agreements. The finance companies offer the loan at a flexible interest rate, tax, and period.
Quick Production Start
The great advantage of heavy equipment financing is the quick production. As the whole process of financing takes less time, businesses have an option to start their production soon. You have immediate access to the loan amount used for machine purchasing. The impact of the fast process can be seen in the phase of business operations. Different finance lenders give an option for zero down payment as a security.
Reduce The Risk Of Inflation
Heavy equipment financing reduces the risk of inflation as you have been providing an option to buy the equipment. You don’t need to worry about the high price of the same tool in the future. After you repay the loan amount, you will be the official owner of the heavy equipment.
On the other hand, the leasing process has strict terms and conditions. During the financing of equipment, you don’t need to worry about higher inflation in the future.
Increase Business Credit
The major advantage of equipment financing is the great business credit. Once the business repays the loan on time, it will improve the business credit score. The result of the good business credit results in easy future financing. Most finance organizations look for the credit score before giving a loan.
Decrease Business Tax
It is the unpopular benefit of heavy equipment financing. In most cases, this finance decreases the business tax. Your business must qualify for the tax deduction code of Section 179 to take this advantage. The applicable business owners enjoy the depreciation in business income tax.
Eligibility For Heavy Equipment Financing
Once you fully understand the term and its benefits, check if your business is eligible for equipment financing. Here are the eligibility for applying the financing for heavy equipment:
- All the business owners, partners, and individuals from the corporate firm are eligible to apply for a loan.
- The minimum age of the person at the time of application must be 21 years. This age should match your government ID. At the same time, the maximum age of the person should be 65 years.
- The business must have Income Tax Return statements for the last two years.
- The credit score of the applying business should not be less than 700. You can easily check your credit score by using various apps.
- The business or organization must be in the same location for the last three years.
How Do I Apply For Heavy Equipment Financing?
The process of applying for heavy equipment financing requires specific steps. It’s easy to apply for financial support when you are eligible. Let’s see how you can apply large equipment financing:
Documents You Need
You will need these documents at the time of the application process:
- ID proofs like Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Last six months’ bank Statement of your business account.
- Business address proof, Residential address proof.
- Business registration proof
- Passport size photos of the applicant
- Income tax returns a copy of the last two years.
- Details of the heavy equipment and supplier.
5 Steps To Applying For Heavy Equipment Financing
Below we have given 5 easy steps to applying for heavy equipment financing without even any hassle:
- First, search for the companies that offer finance on heavy equipment. You can use online sources to find these companies.
- Gather all your required documents for the online application. The required paperwork includes the credit score reports, bank statements, Income tax returns, and IDs.
- Fill out the online application with accurate data and information. Please consult the financial expert if you face any difficulty during the application process.
- After applying, wait for a response from the finance company. You will get the response from the loan lender in the next 1-2 days.
- Once your application is approved, carefully review the equipment financing process and sign the agreement. It recommends reading the terms and conditions carefully before signing the agreement.
Small business owners take advantage of the equipment financing. The quick availability of cash during the equipment purchase makes it popular. Any eligible business can apply for an equipment loan. You must follow the simple process to take advantage of this finance service.
We hope you will find this beginners’ guide helpful for yourself in the future. You can apply for financing by yourself or take our assistance.
Alnicor Consulting provides heavy equipment financing services to small business owners. Through our years of experience, we provide you with an easy solution for saving a good amount of money on equipment. Our professional team will assist you throughout the whole application process. To explore our consulting services, kindly visit our website now.